High quality fossils
We place immense emphasis on the authenticity and quality of the specimens we offer. Every fossil we sell is thoroughly cleaned and preserved.
We don't sell replicas, painted, or assembled exhibits. Quality is of paramount importance to us. We only seel high quality fossils.
Why buy fossils from Fossil Hunter
When you buy from us, you're purchasing from individuals who have cultivated their passion and interest in fossils from a young age. We are collectors, enthusiasts, and the idea of combining this with our work came later.
Our team consists of enthusiasts and experts who share a common love for paleontology. Each fossil in our store tells a story, one that we're eager to share with you. If you have questions about a particular specimen or want to learn more about the era it lived in, we're ready to share our knowledge.
What fossils can you buy from us?
Our Store is located in Poland, and most of the specimens we offer are from the European region. However, we also have specimens from completely different parts of the world, such as fossilized wood from Arizona, Madagascar, or Indonesia.
You'll find Pleistocene bones such as mammoth teeth, mammoth bones, skull fragments, jaws, vertebrae, and all other bone elements from animals that lived during the Ice Age, including woolly rhinoceros, megaloceros, deer, reindeer, cave bears, hyenas, lions, and smaller mammals. We have a wide variety of plant fossils, trace fossils, shark teeth, ammonites, trilobites, brachiopods, and corals, among others, in the categories you can find above. Not everything is listed on the website, so if you're looking for something specific, please contact us; it's possible that we have it in our inventory.
Ice Age Fossils & Pleistocene Mammals
Pleistocene fossils are a fascinating window into a relatively recent chapter of Earth's history. The Pleistocene epoch, often referred to as the Ice Age, spanned from approximately 2.6 millions to 11,700 years ago. Fossils from the Pleistocene provide valuable insights into the diverse flora and fauna that inhabited the Earth during this time. One of the most iconic aspects of Pleistocene fossils is the representation of large mammals, often referred to as megafauna.
In our store, you can find a wide variety of bones from this period, which we have categorized by specific animals. You can discover beautiful specimens of mammoth skeletal parts, mammoth teeth, vertebrates, bones from woolly rhinoceroses, and megaloceros. We have a range of specimens, from more common ones like horse or bison teeth, to rare pieces like bone fragments from hyenas, lions, or cave bears. If you haven't found what you're looking for, don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Fish in the fossil record have existed for up to 400 million years. Fossilized fish can serve not only as a beautiful and aesthetic form of collectible fossils but also as excellent interior design elements. In our store, most of the fish belong to individual collector's species from the Oligocene period. The fish we sell are mostly found in Poland. However, our collection also includes large slabs of fish from Wyoming in the USA. All specimens are well preserved.
Plant fossils offer a fascinating glimpse into the ancient world, providing valuable insights into the evolution of plant life and the changing environments of Earth. These well-preserved remnants serve as time capsules, allowing us to study the diversity and adaptations of prehistoric vegetation. There are several distinct types of plant fossils, each offering unique information about the plants that once graced our planet:
- Leaves: Leaf fossils are some of the most common types of plant fossils. They come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and arrangements, reflecting the incredible diversity of past plant species. Leaf fossils can provide information about the shape, texture, and even the type of plants that existed in a particular era.
- Stems and Twigs: Fossilized stems and twigs offer insights into plant structure, growth patterns, and vascular systems. These fossils can reveal details about how plants adapted to different environments and climates.
- Roots: Fossilized roots tell us about the underground aspect of plant life. They provide clues about how plants anchored themselves, obtained nutrients, and interacted with the soil and other organisms.
- Pollen and Spores: Pollen and spore fossils are incredibly valuable for understanding past ecosystems. These microscopic particles can identify specific plant species and provide information about ancient plant distributions and pollination patterns.
- Seeds and Fruits: Fossilized seeds and fruits give us insight into the reproductive strategies of ancient plants. By studying these fossils, scientists can infer how plants dispersed their seeds and interacted with animals for pollination and seed distribution.
- Petrified Wood: Petrified wood is formed when minerals replace the organic matter in plant tissues, creating a stone-like representation of the original wood. These fossils provide a detailed view of plant cell structures and growth rings.
- Impressions and Compression Fossils: Impressions are left behind when a plant decays and leaves a mark on the sediment. Compression fossils occur when the plant material is compressed and flattened over time. Both types can reveal intricate details of leaf venation, surface textures, and overall plant morphology.
- Cuticles: The cuticle is the waxy outer layer of plant leaves that helps prevent water loss. Fossilized cuticles can offer insights into the adaptation of plants to different climates and atmospheric conditions.
In our shop, we have categorized plant fossils primarily based on time periods:
- Sylurian plants for sale
- Devonian plants for sale
- Carboniferous plants for sale
- Permian plants
- Jurassic plats
- Miocene plants
Ammonites are ancient, extinct cephalopods characterized by their spiral shells and tentacles. Their shells are widespread fossils found all over the world and resemble those of the modern-day nautilus. Our collection includes a vast array of ammonite fossils for sale, and they stand among our most sought-after items owing to their innate natural beauty.
In our store, you can find a variety of specimen in different size and height. All of them are very well-preserved. The specimens we sell come from various areas.
Trace fossils, also known as ichnofossils, provide unique insights into the behaviors and activities of ancient organisms. Unlike body fossils that preserve actual parts of organisms, trace fossils capture the traces, tracks, burrows, and other marks left behind by animals as they interacted with their environment.
These fossils are like snapshots of prehistoric life, offering glimpses into the daily routines and ecological relationships of ancient creatures. They play a crucial role in helping us understand how organisms adapted to their surroundings, searched for food, evaded predators, and interacted with their fellow inhabitants of ancient ecosystems. Trace fossils are truly remarkable in their ability to provide a different perspective on the history of life on Earth.
To meet expectations and expand our company, connect with new fantastic individuals, passionate fossil collectors, we have decided to evolve and initiate online sales.
Until now, we sold in our physical store and participated in fairs across Europe and Japan. In our warehouse, we have thousands of specimen, and we will endeavor to consistently add them to the website. We encourage you to subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date.
When purchasing from our store, you can be certain of the quality of the acquired fossil. We guarantee its authenticity. If any restoration work has been done, we provide information about it along with before-and-after repair photos. With us, you can confidently buy a fossil without concerns about its quality. We understand the delicacy of some specimens. We place great emphasis on proper packaging to ensure that your chosen product remains undamaged during transportation. For certain order we have free shipping. If you're seeking a unique gift, we encourage you to explore our website. You're sure to find something intriguing.
We want you to be satisfied, which is why we pay attention to every detail and ensure prompt communication.